Lagos based family of four, who travelled to Kwara state for the Eid-el-Kabir celebrations, were reportedly killed by fume emission from a standby generator while they were sleeping on Wednesday.
The incident which happened at the Ojomu family house, Sanmora, Irepodun local government area of the state, have since drawn the attention of the Kwara state Police command. The state’s police spokesperson, Ajayi Okasanmi who confirmed the incident, said other two members of the family who escaped the ordeal, are recuperating in an unnamed hospital.
Sources closed to the family, who narrated the sad story said, the deceased were sleeping inside a house, close to a working generator. They said, it was when an elderly woman went to greet the family that she suspected something had gone wrong; so, she alerted neighbours who broke into the house and see the horrible sight. In their words, “we discovered their bodies early this morning; the head of the house, his two wives and one of his children were all dead.”
It was also gathered that, two of the family members, who were unconscious and in critical conditions, as at the time of breaking into the home, have been rushed to the hospital.