Firefighters, for many hours, battled to put out the fire outbreak that started like a child’s place, at an auto spare parts warehouse, on Sunday night, around 11:00pm, at No. 85, Ladipo Street, Off Fatai Atere Road, Ladipo, Lagos.
According to Agency report, goods worth over N500 million were reportedly rescued from the inferno.
South-West Zonal Coordinator of National Emergency Management Agency, NEMA, Ibrahim Farinloye, who confirmed the incident, said, the security fortification of the warehouse, made accessing it difficult.
Farinloye stated that,
assorted Toyota spare parts, were housed in the building where the fire started.
However, sources said, they noticed an electric spark around 10:45 pm inside a furniture shop, which unbelievably, degenerated to such an angry inferno.
They said, before they realized that there was a fire outbreak, it has gone beyond their control spreading across the three storey building; which led them to call both the federal and state fire fighters, the Nigeria Police, NEMA, the Red Cross society, and other rescue operatives.
NEMA Coordinator Farinloye, however, testified that, “No casualty was recorded, and operations are ongoing.”
The warehouse is said to be one of the biggest auto spare parts warehouses, in the Ladipo area of Mushin, Lagos.